Ocean Park Inn
We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization’s statements regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following guidelines from government agencies, State of California and the San Diego County Health Department.
What to Bring with you:
San Diego County Health Department guidelines require all persons to have a mask or face covering. For the most updated information for travel recommendations, please visit the CDC Website Travel Recommendations site.
Our Cancellation Policy:
In response to changing marketplace conditions, Ocean Park Inn is committed to ensuring our customers experience flexibility during these challenging times.
- Cancelation of reservations will honored if health officials announce closures, outside of such closures, our cancellation policy will remain at 72hours prior to check-in date.
- Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies.
- Some exclusions may apply. May exclude periods with special event restrictions or peak demand weeks. Please refer to property rate rules for details.
- For individual reservations booked into a pre-existing group block, please refer to cancellation terms quoted at the time of reservation. For more information, please contact the group organizer or the hotel.
- For group organizer questions on terms and conditions of group contracts, please contact the hotel.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness:
The well-being of our guests and staff are of paramount importance to our family hotel. We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and staff. Rigorous cleaning and sanitation will be noticed on a daily basis as our hotel health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and common area cleaning procedures.
Specific steps being taking include:
Employee Health, Safety and Knowledge:
Hotel staff – and their own health, safety and knowledge – are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways we’re supporting them:
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- Ongoing Training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, hotel staff are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
- Real Time Information: Hotel ownership is part of multiple Safe Opening or Re-opening committees where they obtain the most up to date information on a daily basis, which include new cleaning protocols and safety standard. New information relayed to staff consistently and protocols are updated when needed.
- Proper PPE: Hotel staff will wear proper personal protective equipment for their respective duties at all times.
- Temperature Checks: Hotel staff will have their temperature checked on a daily basis and sent home if their temperature higher than 100.4F.
Cleaning Products and Protocols:
Our hotels use cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, including:
- Guest Rooms: Hotels use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
- EPA approved cleaning and sanitizing protocols are in place to clean guest rooms, with particular attention paid to high- touch items.
- Rooms are ‘sealed’ after cleaning not to be entered to ensure sanitized environment between guests.
- All bed linens and laundry are washed at a high temperature in accordance to CDC guidelines, and dirty laundry is bagged/contained in the guest room to eliminate excess contact while be transported.
- Public Spaces: Hotels have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on all high touch points, the counter at the front desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms and even room keys.
- Back of House: In the spaces where associates work “behind the scenes,” hotels are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like associate entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms and staff offices.
- Suppliers, delivery drivers, and other individuals from third-party companies are reminded of social distancing requirements and must deliver through the back delivery door.
- Current Closures
- Beach access is open per Executive Oder No.2020-3 for active activities like walking, running, swimming, surfing, paddleboarding and kayaking; as well as for passive activity like sitting or lounging.
- Hotel Pool is now OPEN by the San Diego County Health Department.
- Continental breakfast will remain shut down until permitted to open by the San Diego County Health Department. We will be providing brown bagged breakfast delivered fresh daily by a local bakery to be picked up at the front desk.
Guest Testing Positive
In the case of a presumptive COVID-19 positive guest, hotel staff will call 211 and alert San Diego County Health Authorities for proper transportation of the individual to a hospital for further testing. The guest’s room is removed from service and quarantined and the guest room is not returned to service until case is confirmed or cleared. In the event of a positive case, the room is only returned to service after undergoing an enhanced sanitization protocol which is performed and certified by a licensed third-party service.
For the most updated information, please refer to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or your local health authority.